- 1st Day: Meeting with the mountain guide in Staffal at 10:00 a.m.; after checking the equipment we will take the lifts up to the Colle Bettaforca. Here, waiting for us, there will be a 4x4 that will take us up to The Piani di Verra (about 1:00 hour drive). From here, we will start to walk following the moraine left by the Verra Glacier, along the trail that goes up to the Mezzalama hut (where we will stop for a quick meal). Then, we will walk along rocks, roches moutonnées and some snow patches until the last steep section, equipped with some fixed rope, that bring us to the door of the Guide di Ayas hut, where we will overnight.
- Up: 3:30 hours 1000m
- Down: 1:30 hours 600 m
- 2nd Day: Departure around 6:00 a.m. depending on the period of the year; we will walk along the glacier in direction of the base of the Pollux SW ridge. We will climb this peak along the rocky SW ridge (the last part is along an easy snow ridge to the top). On the way down, we will follow the same itinerary. Then, we will traverse in direction of the Castore West face. We will cross the "bergschrund" and follow the last narrow snow ridge to the top. On the way down, we will take the popular East ridge to Colle Felik and after a steeper section, we will arrive on the Felik Glacier. Here, we will cross in direction of the Quintino Sella Hut where we will overnight.
- Up: 4:00-5:00 hours 1100 m
- Down: 3:00 hours 900m
- 3rd Day: Departure at around 6:00 a.m. depending on the period of the year. From the hut, we will walk along the West Lys Glacier, just below the Lyskamm south face. We will arrive at the base of the Naso del Lyskamm. Depending on the conditions, we can climb it along the snow face or follow the rocks on the left. Once at the top, we will go down along a steep snow face to the Lys Glacier. We will start to walk along this glacier, pass the Lys Pass and keep going up to the Margherita hut where we will overnight.
- Up: 5:00-6:00 hours 1300 m
- Down: 1:00 hours 310m
- 4th Day: Departure at around 6:00 a.m. depending on the period of the year. We will climb first the Zumsteinspitze along the regular route. From this first summit, we will start the descent to the valley. on our way, depending on our shape, we can climb other peaks, such as Parrotspitze, Ludwigshohe and Corno Nero. From this last one, we will go down Rifugio Gnifetti. We will stop here for few minutes, repack and go down to P.ta Indren lift station.
- Up: 1:30 hours 350 m
- Down: 4:00 hours 1600m
Meeting point: At 10:00a.m in our office in Staffal (Hotel Nordend near to the bar FZRY).
Requirements: No particular technical difficulties; the ascent to Pollux requires some easy climbing and a short effort to pass over the fixed ropes; the traverse of Naso del Lyskamm has some rocks and steep snow slopes. This tour is suitable for hikers in really good shape.
Apparel/Clothing: We recommend functional clothing to deal with the different temperatures.
Boots: Waterproof mountaineering boots suitable for crampons.
Lunch: it is reccomended to bring some snacks and drinks with you, according to your needs.
Backpack: We recommend a 30L/40L backpack. Remember that everything you bring you have to carry it. Take with you functional, extra layer in case of cold and a change for the hut, is usually enough.
Drinks, lunch, travel expenses if necessary boots rental and all the other services not included.
We always recommend a travel cancellation insurance, baggage insurance as well as travel and accident insurance.